Welcome

Welcome

Monday, April 11, 2016


☆•°*”*°☆MY DIRTY DETOUR☆•°*”*°☆

By Grace Risata

Author Bio:
Grace Risata is a new addition to the literary world. Grace is very excited to share her first novel, My Dirty Detour, and she hopes you enjoyed reading it as much as she enjoyed writing it. Grace would like to thank everyone for giving her book a chance and she welcomes all feedback. Grace is happiest when reading, eating Portillos hot dogs, and patiently waiting for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.
Buy Links:
Read for FREE on Kindle Unlimited
Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/My-Dirty-Detour-Comedy-Romance-ebook/dp/B01AU6674G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455998013&sr=8-1&keywords=my+dirty+detour
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Dirty-Detour-Comedy-Romance-ebook/dp/B01AU6674G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455998040&sr=8-1&keywords=my+dirty+detour
Social Media Links:
Author Website: https://gracerisata.wordpress.com/
Goodreads Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28644712-my-dirty-detour
Synopsis/Blurb:
A dominant leader flees the mafia, looking for a fresh start in a small town. He put all his effort into starting a business and resigned himself to a life without love.
A neurotic germaphobe lives vicariously through the books she reads, preferring to play it safe in real life and hide behind her sarcastic remarks.
“I am NOT that neurotic! I just have germ issues and I tend to over-analyze things. Sure, I second guess myself all the time and have a tendency to freak out over the small stuff. I’ll admit that I do ask a lot of “what if…?” questions. Fine. I’m neurotic.”
One fateful day, the simple act of taking a wrong turn leads Violet right into Rocky’s life and completely turns it upside down. Accustomed to his orders being obeyed immediately and without question, Rocky doesn’t appreciate Violet challenging his authority at every opportunity.
“I don’t like being told what to do. Especially when some arrogant tough guy thinks he can boss me around. I might have argued with him just to keep him close. He smelled like heaven. Although with a body like his, I knew he was no angel.
Violet charmed her way into his heart with her quick wit and stubbornness, causing Rocky to fail at his many attempts to resist her.
“He’d never met anyone like me before. I trash talk, curse like a sailor, and pretty much say whatever’s on my mind. Life is too short to pretend to be something that you’re not.”
Rocky tries to keep his violent past hidden from Violet, but it suddenly catches up to him and he can no longer deny who he really is. Will Rocky turn his back on the life he built or stay and fight for what’s his? When Violet is faced with situations that rival anything she’s merely read about, will she be able to face her fears and work together with Rocky or will the truth tear them apart?
“It’s one hell of a wild ride! Take a look inside the first few pages and I’ll tell you all about it.”
This is a full length, stand-alone novel with no cliffhangers. No cheating, no love triangles, no insta-love. It does have a HEA.
Excerpt:
The car ride to my house was extremely awkward. You can’t make small talk when you know you’re about five minutes away from getting naked in front of a person for the first time. I looked out the window and worried. I dared a quick glance at Rocky out of the corner of my eye.
“Having second thoughts already, Violet?” he asked me without taking his eyes off the road.
“Nope. You don’t want to know what I was thinking.”
“Now you have to tell me.”
“Fine, you asked for it. I was wondering if the shot of gin killed any bad breath I might have.” I knew halfway through that sentence I should not have said it. I should have made something up. Something suave. Something like, “I wonder what position we should try first.” Maybe I should just shut up and not say another word. I didn’t want this whole plan to derail.
“Why don’t you kiss me and let me find out,” he suggested. Ok. I could handle that. I turned in my seat and leaned over to get a better position. I put my hand on his cheek and went in for the kill. With my eyes closed, I kissed him for all I was worth. Lips meeting lips, tongues darting to and fro. He tasted like gin and salt. I tried to scoot closer but my seat belt prevented any further contact. He moaned into my mouth and abruptly broke away.
“I can’t keep my eyes on the road and kiss you at the same time. I’m going to end up hitting another car and getting us both killed. I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize my time on earth with you.” What? Jeopardize his time on earth with me? That was so sweet, yet hilarious at the same time. I turned to face the window while stifling a laugh. His hand found its way to my knee and slowly began to creep up my thigh. I felt a smile form on my face and I was curious to see how far he’d go. He didn’t stop. My nylons were blocking any further progress toward the promised land.
He growled, “I hate these fucking things. They’re blocking me.”
“Then do something about it,” I ordered.
“You’re going to yell at me if I rip them.”
“Why don’t you try it and find out,” I dared as seductively as possible. That was all the encouragement he needed. I heard a loud RIP and my nylons were history. Before I knew it, his thumb was making slow circles outside my underwear. He started on the side of my hip and worked his way toward the middle. I was beginning to sincerely regret wearing boring cotton panties but I didn’t have many other choices at my disposal. His thumb found the center and he kept going in slow circles, pressing it deeper and deeper. I gasped for air. How I wished we were home right now. This was torture. He was making me so wet that I started to squirm.
“My God, Violet, you’re so fucking wet right now.” Duh. I already knew that. I was waiting for him to do something about it. He moved my underwear aside and had full unrestricted access to what lie beneath. He stroked the folds and started to gently put his finger in, when I whimpered causing him to almost swerve completely off the road.
“Fuck! That’s it. We’ll be at your house in three minutes. We’ll just have to wait!” Rocky roared in frustration.
I wondered if there was anything we needed to discuss before we actually did the deed. Now would be the time. “So...um…do I need a safe word or something?” I don’t know what he likes in bed. What if it’s kinky and I get freaked out? I think it would be wise to have a safe word established in advance.
“For what? What exactly do you think we’re doing when we get back to your house?” Rocky asked in confusion.
“I don’t know what you like. What if you do some freaky shit that I’m not down with?”
“Ok, Violet. Give me an example. What would you like as a safe word and what freaky shit is off limits? This is good conversation, I’m actually glad you brought it up. I don’t want to do anything that will make you freak out.”
“I’m not sure what will freak me out. I’m not very worldly in bed and I don’t know what bizarre stuff people do. I don’t want anything shoved up my ass. I know that for sure. As for the safe word, how about WATERMELON?”
Rocky erupted in laughter. “I’m pretty sure I had no plans to shove anything up your ass and how in the hell did you come up with WATERMELON as the safe word? You’re fucking crazy, Violet.”
“The safe word should be something you wouldn’t normally say in bed, and I’m pretty sure WATERMELON fits that perfectly. Yes, I’m crazy. That’s why you like me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment